Information We Collect
Information You Provide
The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or another phone number)
- Age and date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Your haircare concerns
- Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
- Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
How We Use the Information
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you
- Process your payment card transactions
- Create and manage your online account
- Respond to your inquiries
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analysing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site or our online advertisements or use one of our social networking applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons.
Technologies We Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website. In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. To control which web servers, collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site. Such third-party web analytics service providers may include, but is not limited to Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. To disable the Google Analytics cookie and any other third-party web analytics service provider cookies, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates within the Reuzel, Inc.™ Pomade umbrella of companies
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfil orders, and provide web hosting and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those apps with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
- In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
E-mail Newsletter Signup – Mail-Chimp
For the purpose of email marketing we will collect your First Name, Last name and Primary Email Address and professional role, for the purposes of email communication between, Reuzel South Africa and “you” the registrant. Your personal information will not share with third parties.
You can at any time opt-out immediately of email marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” within the marketing emails you receive from us powered by “Mail-Chimp.”
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask Reuzel South Africa to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=170585223002660 provided by the Facebook Help Centre.
We may ask you for your geo-location via our mobile application. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by clicking the “contact us” link below.
If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.